ORU Athletics is always looking for hard working, dependable gameday workers and in-office interns.
- Bachelor's degree in a Sports Administration, Business or related field (or currently pursuing a degree from any accredited institution)
- Desire to work in collegiate athletics
- Strong communication, listening, and organizational skills required
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word and Excel) and detail oriented
RESPONSIBILITIES:- Become familiar with day-to-day external operations of a Division I athletic department, NCAA/Southland Conference regulations, and general information associated with collegiate athletics
- Primary responsibility is to help increase ticket sales and attendance
- Assist with game and event management
- Assist with growing the fanbase
- Maintain records of customer accounts
- Assist with ticket sales related functions for all home men's basketball, women's basketball and baseball games
- Pre-event and in-game promotions and assistance with special events
- Some evening and weekend hours required
- Consistently conduct business in a professional manner, including dress and manner of speaking/writing when dealing with donors, alumni, students, season ticket holders, etc.
- Use time management skills to complete work assignments and meet deadlines before busy times and/or game days
- Additional duties as assigned
Compensation: No financial compensation is available. Interns are eligible to receive academic course credit. Students are responsible for providing documentation toward receiving academic credit for the internship. This internship offers a unique opportunity to network with the best sports business professionals and could lead to career growth opportunities in Collegiate/Professional athletics.
Applications accepted until filled. Please e-mail a resume, cover letter, and three references with phone numbers to Brett Scott, Director of Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org.