Another Low Round Puts Men's Golf Sixth at Bill Ross
OVERLAND PARK, Kan.-All five golfers from Oral Roberts shot 76 or better in the final round as the Golden Eagles matched their lowest round of the season, moving up to finish in a tie for sixth at the Bill Ross Intercollegiate.
Shannon Allen led the way for the Golden Eagles with a 73 in the final round, giving him a three-round total of 220 (74-73-73), tying for 13th overall. Trevor McInroe (73-76-76) finished at 225 in a tie for 28th, while Scott Newell (73-81-73) and Spencer Sheets (75-77-75) each shot 227 for the tournament, tying for 42nd overall.
Jake Spencer shot a 74 in the final round to move into a tie for 52nd at 229 (78-77-74). The low final round moved Spencer up 17 spots from 69th where he sat after the first two rounds.
Next up for the Golden Eagles will be the 2012 Herb Wimberly Intercollegiate, hosted by New Mexico State on October 22-23.
Top Six Teams
1. Missouri-Kansas City - 285-287-298--870
2. North Dakota State - 290-286-296-872
3. Arkansas State-295-290-296-881
4. Missouri State-290-298-298-886
5. SIU Edwardsville-298-294-298-890
6. Oral Roberts - 295-303-295-893
Top 10 Individuals
1. Easton Key (Ark. St.) - 69-71-70-210
2. Nathan Anderson (NDSU) - 69-72-72-213
3. Matt Green (KSU) - 70-73-72-215
4. Korbin Kuehn (UMKC)-70-73-73-216
5. Michael Wetrich (UNI) - 72-75-70-217
Nathan Hughes (UMKC) - 72-71-74-217
Antoine Rozner (UMKC) - 69-71-77-217
8. Samuel Matthew (USD) - 67-72-79-218
Connor Holland (NDSU) - 74-72-72-218
10. Viktor Mikaelsson (UMKC) - 73-73-73-219
Nick Langley (MSU) - 70-72-77-219
Wessell Swiegers (Ark. St.) - 72-75-72-219